Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cemetery Signs

 Today Midge Frazel on her blog at Granite In My Blood talked about the importance of taking pictures of cemetery signs when you visit them. The sign she focused on in her blog post advised cemetery patrons to do their part in keeping the cemetery clean by not digging in the ground, bringing dogs on the grounds, and removing trash upon leaving the cemetery.

I left Midge a comment on Facebook this morning telling her that we had taken a photograph of a sign we passed in a small church cemetery we passed on our way to a friend's house in rural Burke County, Georgia. The sign stood on the side of the drive at the entrance to the cemetery. Here's a picture of the sign.


As you can see, this is also a well-kept and clean cemetery, most certainly due to the fact that people are NOT opening the graves!

2 comments:

  1. I had to do a double-take myself when I saw this sign. We were wondering if people were trying to dig people out or put people in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found one in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas that said not to enter from "DUST TILL DAWN" - I am not sure when "Dust" begins, but I think I got out in time!

    ReplyDelete